Welcome To The Hippie Revolution..
It goes without saying that tie-dye is one of those trends that will never die out (die out..get it?)
Tie-dye is spunky, fun and perfect for summer so why not bring this trend to life by adding a little attitude to your plain short shorts.
Find out below how you can make your very own, personalized tie-dye shorts that you will not want to part with this summer.
What You Will Need:
1) Denim Shorts
2) Elastic Bands
3) Rubber Gloves
4) Plastic Bucket
5) Dye (color of choice)
1) Dip your shorts in some water beforehand and wring it.
2) Tie 5-10 rubber bands around your shorts. Tip: do not tie too many because this means less dye.
3) Put the shorts back into the water but this time pour hot water into the bucket and pour the dye.
4) Tip: Put your gloves on! Carefully push your denim shorts so that it is immersed in all of the dye.
5) Add about 250 g of table salt for better results
6) Leave the shorts in the bucket for 30 minutes while turning the shorts over every now and then.
7) Pour all of the water into a sink (preferably a metal one)
8) Let your shorts dry outside on a clothes line for example for a period of 3-4 hours
Now that you have this summer's must have item that is sure to be a showstopper and you're looking for the knock-out combination to pair your shorts with,check out my ensemble below for fashion inspiration.
Let me know what you think of these spunky summer bottoms and if you are going to try this trend out!